KuneKune Sales Agreement
Sisters Heritage Farms
Agreement of Sale
By purchasing from or depositing with Sisters Heritage Farms you have agreed to the following conditions of sale.
1. Sisters Heritage Farms guarantees kunekune stock until one year of age from proven congenital defects. SHF must be notified within three days of death. A necropsy from a licensed veterinarian must be provided and SHF will receive a copy of any and all findings. A replacement animal will be offered of similar quality, this is at the discretion of SHF, based on available stock.
No refund will be issued. Transportation is the responsibility of the buyer.
2. SHF guarantees their breeding stock will produce. If three years have passed with no production (and reasonable care has been taken to produce) and/or a licensed veterinarian confirms the animal to be sterile, we will offer a compatible replacement. A replacement animal will be offered of similar quality, this is at the discretion of SHF, based on available stock. Should the same bloodline be unavailable at
the time the buyer will be offered a similar replacement at the discretion of SHF. If the animal in question is deceased no replacement will be offered. If the buyer had failed to contact SHF by three years of age no replacement will be offered. Transportation is the responsibility of the buyer.
3. SHF guarantees the genetics purchased. Should the animal purchased be DNA confirmed other than the parents assumed SHF will
either a) refund all money in return for the returned animal or b) provide a replacement animal of SHF's choosing with returned animal. A) or B) will be determined by SHF. If the buyer has not been in contact within two weeks time of being notified of DNA results they waive the right to either option.
4. If you would like to reserve a piglet from Sisters Heritage Farms, please contact us. An initial deposit $250 of the purchase price per piglet is required upon commitment to purchase. Deposit payment must be received within 7 days of verbal/written commitment. We offer piglet choices based on first deposit, first choice. Choices are made between 3 weeks and 6 weeks. Once piglets are offered each buyer has 7 days to choose, then options move to next buyer. If purchasing an unweaned piglet, SHF will retain the piglet until weaned (8 weeks of age). If a piglet dies after choices have been made, we will offer other available piglets or a refund.
5. The balance due must be paid 10 days prior to pick-up or 15 days prior to shipping if paying by check or money order. If paying at the time of pick-up, balance due must be paid in cash.
6. Once you make a commitment to purchase, the piglet is no longer available to other buyers, and therefore, it is at this point that your deposit becomes nonrefundable (unless other arrangements have been made). Piglets not picked up within 7 days of scheduled pick-up date (without having made prior arrangements) will revert back to being the property of SHF and any monies paid are retained to cover boarding fees and loss of marketability.
7. It is the goal of Sisters Heritage Farms to preserve the unique and wonderful KuneKune pigs and we’re concerned for the well-being
and humane treatment of the breed. Therefore, we reserve the right to withdraw from the sale of any animal at any time for any reason. In the event that SHF chooses to exercise this right, any funds paid to SHF in relation to this specific transaction will be refunded.
8.We are willing to discuss the possibility of transporting the pigs for a fee based on distance traveled plus gas (roundtrip) depending on location. We will be more than happy to ship anywhere in the U.S. If the pig(s) are being shipped, the buyer is responsible for the cost of the shipping carrier, airfare, vet check, health certificate, and transport to the airport. We will gladly make the flight arrangements while working closely with you. Please contact us for shipping details.